[Gllug] Is this funny

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Wed Jan 2 16:33:57 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2 Jan 2002 tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >Has anyone done this
> >
> >rm -Rf * .sh
>
> Not quite, but what I have done is:
>
> 	rm *&.sh
>
> The * and & keys being next to each other, my finger had rolled over
> and just clipped the & without me noticing, until the last ohnosecond[1]
> when my hand was heading for the return key, but it was too late to stop
> it...

I've done the 'rm * .bak' thing in ~/public_html

Fortunately, being an obsessive person who puts everything into directories,
I lost little more than index.html - if I'd have done rm -rf * I'd have been
seriously screwed...

And I have been in the situation of using 'echo *' instead of 'ls' - it's
what happens when you mess up libc and ls is dynamically linked :-)

> Tet
>
> [1] http://foldoc.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?ohnosecond

Cheers
Richard