[Gllug] library includes and compiling

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Mon Jan 14 11:29:54 UTC 2002

Nix(nix at esperi.demon.co.uk)@Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 08:16:40AM +0000:

> >                           It was not possible to install the libs
> > anywhere else than where they were intended to be installed, as
> > corporate/IT policy of the company using the software denied this.
>
> ... and this was denied because it doesn't work. (Honestly, saying `I'll
> do something in a broken way because the policy restricts me so I don't
> notice the brokenness' is silly; what happens if the policy changes?
> Every binary on your system is unnecessarily locking you in place.)

if somebody say's we'll pay you X-million over Y years if you do this
'thing' then you fsck'in well do it.  The types of customers that these
were, did not change their policies to suit vendors.  they told vendors
to change their policies.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 2 + 2 = 5 for extremely large values of 2.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk