[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 15:57:01 UTC 2002

> I was just highlighting the fact that the pictures are in fact in
contravention to the Geneva
> convention. The press demanded these pictures as did some governments
to put peoples mind at rest and
> all the time it was contravening the GC to release them. Who was wrong
America for releasing them or us
> for demanding them.
> Should these pictures have been taken.

IANAL but:
It is legal (i.e. a valid defence) to break the law if you do it to
prevent a greater law being broken.

e.g. if you smash up a Hawk fight jet that is going to be sold to
Indonesia you get off. (as I believe some people did a few years ago).
And didn't people get off digging up GM crops recently?

Paul.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk