[Gllug] Re: [Gllug] Apache Timeout

Steve Maher ndtltd at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 18 14:58:56 UTC 2002

I would start the report in the background and have a page refresh every 30
seconds with a "Still working" message. If you did make apache timeout you may
loose all the work generated by the report. This is really a application design
issue.

Regards

Steve Maher
NetDrive Technology Ltd

 --- "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote: > > -----Original
Message-----
> > From: Xander D Harkness [mailto:xander at harkness.co.uk]
> >
> > Either that or choose something other than a 486sx to run
> > Oracle finacials
> > on ;-)
>

> It is actually an HP Server running w2000 server. We are trying Web Reports
> instead of Static so that we have a central place for upgrades etc. The
> report in question is very big and running it on a better box has little
> effect so we just run it and let it tear away until its done. It isn't
> financials either thank god.
>
> Harry Jackson       __.  __=#||  ___   _o--
> postituk at yahoo.com___##_/_____|==###===###____
>                  \____________________________\

> COLT Telecommunications
> Registered in England No. 2452736
> Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
> Tel. 020 7390 3900
>
> This message is subject to and does not create or vary any contractual
> relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
> affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
> and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
> contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
> the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
> contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
> received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

=====
----- NetDrive Technology Limited -----
/  Real solutions for a virtual world   \
\         enquries at ndtltd.com           /
  \    Tel-fax: +44 (0)7775832553     /
   \          AIM: SGMaher           /

http://uk.my.yahoo.com