[Gllug] OT - NTL issues and ADSL providers

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Thu Jan 24 05:19:39 UTC 2002

On 17 Jan 2002, Nix wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Dylan Brewis uttered the following:
> >                                           the council's position is
> > anti-competitive
>
> Er, councils don't have to compete with anyone :)

Or in the case of people unlucky enough to live in Hull, the council owns
49% of the local telco outright and prevents cable operators from laying
cables altogether using their control of planning permission.  The end
result is that it seems to be extremely difficult to get a broadband
connection in Hull.  In fact, I would be very interested in hearing
about anyone who has managed to get one there.

Regards,
Bill.

--
William Palfreman