[Gllug] 56 IDE drives in a box

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Thu Jan 17 10:50:32 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 16:51, Kim Hawtin wrote:
> After the recent rants on SCSI vs IDE, I thougt it might be nice to
> post this;
>  <http://www.trimm.com/FAST/IDE-56.pdf>
>
> i have not read the whole article yet ... but wow

Kim, that looks a good product.

I'm learning more about storage, and storage arrays.
I think we could usefully have more topics at GLLUG
devoted to storage.
I have kicked around ideas for a seminar devoted to
storage and filesystems on Linux. Mayeb I should
start pushing it further.

I don't want to jump the gun, or tread on the GLLUG
organisers toes, but I hope to arrange a demo
of another very interesting storage array at the next GLLUG.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk