[Gllug] Mail with .dat attachment

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 15:02:12 UTC 2002

Jonathan Dye wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know what I can do with a .dat file that just arrived in an email.
> The sender say's it is (or contains) a bitmap image.  file says it is
> "Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format".  how do I open it?
> Any tips as to what the sender can do to send it in another format (She is
> using MS Outlook so I guess it's a bit OT)

I get a lot of these from my Outlook using colleagues, I just assumed it
to be some outlook-esque appointmenting/flagging system so I ignore the
attachments but I wouldn't mind knowing what they are for certain (I
only get them from some people and not others).

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*