[Gllug] We can put an end to Word attachments

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Jan 15 14:00:09 UTC 2002

This discussion is in its death throes on the smoothwall users list; the
most useful point of view (IMHO) was that the problem with Word is not that
it's Microsoft; it's that it's a closed/proprietary format.

I think if MS opened up the spec to the world (and stuck to it) then it
would be fine to throw Word docs around the place.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk