[Gllug] CPU heatsink question.

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Tue Jan 15 15:53:27 UTC 2002

No they come off easily and it should just look like a white mess "down
there". I would take off any excess and put more thermal bond down but be
careful how you remove it from the chip. Most chips are very thick skinned
and would take a lot of scraping but I am unsure how deep the skin on a
processor is. It is probably very thin in order to get the heat away from it
as soon as possible and from the Die's I have seen it looks very very thin.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk