[Gllug] Init not Found

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Jan 10 12:10:51 UTC 2002

On 1/10/02, 12:03:01 PM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding RE: [Gllug] Init not Found:

Is it a dual boot machine, Harry?  If so, did you install Lilo to the
mbr?  I have found that to fsck up a lot of systems with "interesting"
bioses.  The thing to do is install Lilo to the Linux boot partition and
make that partition bootable (then, from DOS, run fdisk /mbr to restore
the old mbr). It still works fine for dual boot.

In fact I recommend that procedure always, dual boot or no.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk