[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Jan 24 15:22:02 UTC 2002

There is nothing in the convention that condones torture at least I do not
think so. I was just highlighting the fact that the pictures are in fact in
contravention to the Geneva convention. The press demanded these pictures as
did some governments to put peoples mind at rest and all the time it was
contravening the GC to release them. Who was wrong America for releasing
them or us for demanding them.

Should these pictures have been taken.
If the answer is yes then the GC is wrong and needs to be changed.

> i had an interesting article from the guardian i think sent
> to me, which
> basically called america a bunh of torturers over the fottage that was
> shown.  i can try and dig it up if your interested.

People believe the press when it suits them. Today the Guardian is great
tomorrow its full of shit. I personally take what most of the papers say as
heresy and shit stirring. After reading several papers for a number of years
I realised that every one of them had there own agenda's written by humans
as impartial as a human can be. We all have opinions but my wages are not
governed a writer/journalists wage is in some way based on what he rights so
I would never describe it as impartial, he's only human. How many times have
you read misinformed technical articles about software?

> yeah, but you didn't see UKPlc bombing Ireland when the IRA
> were in full
> swing did you?  OK, I know they did quite a few nasty things.

Give you ten points if you guess why not. American support would not allow
us to have a heavy hand with the IRA. Every time the brits shot a terrorist
the then US president felt the pinch from the voters. As far as the
Americans where concerned the brits where suppressing there Irish cousins
and the IRA bombs where justified. Now that peace is attainable through talk
I am all for it but if it ever went back to them carrying out attacks like
the Omagh bomb then without America's support the UK could be a little less
tolerant and we all know from history that the UK is as ruthless in its
wrath as any nation on earth.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.