[Gllug] pppd

harry postituk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 12:07:55 UTC 2002

I am having varying degrees of success at getting pppconfig to work. The
following scripts are what is being produced for a connection to BT.

This is the option file

# This optionfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
#
#
hide-password
noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/uklinux"
debug
/dev/ttyS1
115200
defaultroute
noipdefault
user paddy
remotename uklinux
ipparam uklinux

usepeerdns

This is the chat file

# This chatfile was generated by pppconfig 2.0.10.
# Please do not delete any of the comments.  Pppconfig needs them.
#
# ispauth PAP
# abortstring
ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' ABORT VOICE ABORT 'NO DIALTONE' ABORT 'NO DIAL
TONE' ABORT 'NO ANSWER' ABORT DELAYED
# modeminit
'' ATZ
# ispnumber
OK-AT-OK ATDT08456621598
# ispconnect
CONNECT \d\c
# prelogin

# ispname
# isppassword
# postlogin

# end of pppconfig stuff

These two files get me as far as getting the connection but I cannot use dig
lynx or anything to get out. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers.

I am using "pppd call uklinux" to dial out. I am having even more fun with BT
but that can wait until I get this one running.
--

Harry Jackson

13
"God is subtle but he is not malicious."
ALbert Einstein

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk