[Gllug] mutt & gpg

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 17:35:28 UTC 2002

> On Thu, 2002-01-10 at 16:24, Paul Brazier wrote:
> > Another related question - does anyone know of a mailing
> list that would
> > work using pgp/gpg encryption?
>
> Yes, there's one called Shibboleth (possible typo) that does exactly
> that.  Helps lots for stopping spam getting through.  :-)

Just had a quick look at this, seems like it only uses PGP for identity
verification (signing), not encrypting which is what I was interested
in.

I suppose a weakness of such a setup would be the vulnerability of the
server to someone who could physically access it and read the file that
contains the PGP password to the server's private key. (because
obviously it couldn't be entered interactively as for a standard user).
So maybe totally encrypted mailing lists aren't possible?

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk