[Gllug] SCSI query (LVD and UltraWide compatibility)

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Fri Jan 25 17:20:08 UTC 2002

On Friday, 25 Jan 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
>there was a chap selling 18Gb U160 10K drives, at the fairs a few weeks
>ago for 70 quid.  if you have the space for 4 drives you could get that
>much storage for a fraction of 800 quid.

I have an external 4-disc SCSI box with its own PSU. It would not be
straightforward to hook up discs to make them nice external SCSI
devices, but I used to run an internal SCSI cable as an umbilical
between the computer and this device.

A box like this, second hand or new, would still leave change out of
L800. So would a much larger tower case.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk