[Gllug] Bush internet computer

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Mon Jan 28 09:54:57 UTC 2002

Steve Brown said:

>> Oh, they happily run Linux, but only out of ROM - so
>> upgrading kernels, etc would be an arse.... but other
>> than that.... they have been proven
>
> Do you have any pointers for this?

IIRC www.simtec.co.uk are the people responsible for the first hacks -
their website, although filled with useful information, sucks big Big
BIG Javascript rats thru a straw! You can only link to the "top" page :)
I list a random collection of documents that I read thru before buying
mine - so you can be as "up to date" as me :)

See:

http://www.earth.li/pipermail/bush-hacking/ (and subscribe, of course)

Specifically:
http://www.earth.li/pipermail/bush-hacking/2001-December/000035.html
http://www.earth.li/pipermail/bush-hacking/2001-December/000038.html

& http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/

Again, Specifically:
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2002-January/00
6632.html

> Replacing the ROMs with Flash would make
> upgrading a bit easier, if you have a programmer handy.

a flash-programmer's on the shopping list when I get a job :)

> I picked up my STB Friday and am keen to start hacking :-)

I've found an old zipdrive on Ebay and placed my bid :)

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk