[Gllug] IDE -> SCSI converters

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jan 10 17:57:17 UTC 2002

Martyn Drake(martyn at spot5.com)@Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 05:25:43PM +0000:
> On Thu, 10 Jan 2002 14:31:43 +0000 Vincent AE Scott wrote:
>
> > I remember seeing suh devices online somewhere, a little thing that
> > plugged into the back of an IDE disk, and effectively converted it to
> > SCSI.  They were quite expensive at the time 50 quid or so, and all this
> > SCSI talk has pipped my interest in them again.
> >
> > but i cant for the life of me remember where i saw them.  all i do
> > remember, was that there was only a single UK distributor for them.
> > which was not one of the well known companies.
> >
> > infact, i seem to recall being told about them by a gllug/lonix
> > individual in a pub once.  Does anyone have a clue what i'm talking
> > about, and could possibly furnish me with a link?
>
> Is this what you're looking for?
>
> 	http://www.pc500.net/catbrowse.php?bid=25

yep, thats the one, thanks to those that responded.

it doesnt seem to have come down in price tho, still quite pricey for
what it is, and no U2W support yet either.

from the manufacturers home page:
 http://www.acard.com/eng/product/scside/aec-7720uw.html

it appears to only be supported on a small set of disks.
Are there any people on the list who can confirm that it works with
other drives, which have'nt been listed?

-v

--

PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk