[Gllug] SCSI query (LVD and UltraWide compatibility)

Matt B matt at mattbland.co.uk
Mon Jan 14 00:56:19 UTC 2002

Martyn,

Further to my previous email I've just sent: put any LVD drives lower in the
chain than UW (i.e. closer to the PC) so that the UW signals pass through it
and not the other way around. This should negate the need to have all LVD
cables on the chain. Hope that helps.

Also, many new SCSI drives now come with Ultra320 support built in, and can
degrade to U160, as there aren't many U320 cards around yet, and those that
are, are very expensive.

On a side note it's worth observing that the ACARD AEC67160 is quite a bit
cheaper than similar offerings from Adatpec as I recently researched the
prices of these products. The only source of Acard products that I know of
in the UK is in London at www.PC500.net as listed on the Acard website as
the UK distributor. It's a shame they aren't in more shops.

Regards,
Matt Bland