[Gllug] OT travel in town

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Wed Jan 30 14:10:03 UTC 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:01:41 -0800 (PST) Janet Reid wrote:

> --- John Hearns <john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com>
> wrote:
> > > I just wish more employers would look at
> > teleworking so that we can give
> > > the tube a miss and just let the blasted tourists
> > use it.
>
> This blasted tourist uses the buses nyahhaha =)). Not
> sure that many of the issues would be better there but
> the air is more translucent upstairs =).
>
> Ive heard that Sydney smog is a shocker at present  -
> especially with fires and all - so I guess its all
> just signs of the times - cities are (s)ick  =)

The problem is that the tube fills up with all the daytime tourists during
the morning and evening rush hours.  This prompts them to say, "I wonder
why the tube is so crowded?" much to the digusted looks of commuters.
Other annoyances on the tube include people determined to read their
papers and taking up so much more personal room then should be legal, and
those with coffee cups.  I don't know why I hate coffee cup people on the
trains, but I just do.

The buses are not that bad, although they are mainly full of screaming
school kids.  Hurry up school term!

Stressed?  Me?  Aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!  Wibble.  Splutt.

Regards,

	Martyn

--
http://www.drake.me.uk