[Gllug] SCSI Cards.

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Jan 9 17:27:09 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 17:01, Rich Walker wrote:

> I think that FCAL drives are just SCSI with different electronics.
> (If anyone has  two 18GB FCAL drives going spare or for sale, please
> tell me...)

By FCAL do you mean Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop?

Yes - all that Fibre Channel does is implement serial SCSI,
using a protocol called FCP.
Remember that a technology using serial wiring will always
go much further than one using parallel - which is an
advantage of fibre channel in that you can run it around
your machine room without big thick SCSI cables.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk