[Gllug] SCSI query (LVD and UltraWide compatibility)

Martyn Drake martyn at alug.org.uk
Sun Jan 13 13:19:22 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

I'm contemplating buying the ACARD AEC67160 Ultra160 PCI controller
which comes with an internal and external Ultra160 LVD connector (which
I understand is a 68 pin connection in the same style of Ultra Wide
connectors).  What I want to know is whether I can connect my Ultra Wide
devices using either the supplied LVD connector or a normal Ultra Wide
connector.  Is LVD backwards compatible with Ultra Wide devices?

Sorry to sound a bit blank about this sort of thing, but after all this
talk about SCSI, it's made me want to get it on my system and give it a
go.

Regards,

	Martyn

--