[Gllug] ADSL Connection

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Fri Jan 18 15:55:22 UTC 2002

On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Mark Small wrote:

> Hi Chaps,
>
>          Any of you guys had any experiences with this
> in the UK, I want setup my own apache webserver (get
> my own ip) and eventually firewall it! Anyone with
> good experiences?

A number of people on this list have experience with ADSL stuff - it's
probably worth your looking through the archives...

I'm on with Freeserve, who unofficially give a static IP - i.e. it's static,
but it's not officially static, so they can change it.  I've had it for
around 9 months now, and it hasn't changed yet... :-)

If you want stability, avoid the USB-provided service, and go for either a
wires-only service and buy a router, or a wired service with the 'ethernet'
presentation.

Any specific questions?

> Cheers,
>        MarkS