Offtopic - Re: [Gllug] Geforce2

William Palfreman william at palfreman.com
Mon Jan 28 19:04:47 UTC 2002

On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Kieran wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, William Palfreman wrote:
>
> > The reason not to vote is because it is a fraud, perpertrated by people
> > who've made stealing from you into a profitable business.  Voting implies
> > you accept the rules and will accept the result.  I don't.
> >
> Am I being trolled?  I think you should say what you really think.

No, of course not.  That is what I really think.

> What do you propose as better?

Nothing.  Not voting and not having the results of voting.  People not
being able to vote to take things of me or make things I do illegal on
spec.  Done a tape backup recently?  These days I risk imprisonment if
tape backups I do at work aren't availble for the next 7 years.  It isn't
just that.  These elected people don't do a single thing for me, or at
least not a single thing that I wouldn't rather sort out for myself on my
terms.  Even if I did get something out of it it is still a useless
burden of a way to live.  Generations grow up thinking of these people as
a wierd parent figure, which they love all the more the more abusive it
gets to them.  I don't have any control on them, they don't do anything
for me apart from taking money off me and passing laws against things I
like doing, and they don't even make any effort to do anything useful to
me.  I quit.

--
William Palfreman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk