[Gllug] DevFS permissions

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Wed Jan 23 13:58:28 UTC 2002

Right. So I have a Mandrake 8.1 (+cooker) upgraded from 8.0 and at
some point DevFS was introduced to the system. I have a SCSI CD
Writer which is scsi/host0/bus0/target2/lun0/cd with a symbolic link
to /dev/scd0. The owner/permissions are root.root/r-xr-xr-x. No
attempts at changing permissions manually work at all. The upshot is
that I have to run grip and gcombust etc as root. I would rather not.
There is no reason to run grip as root normally.
Any ideas on how to change it?
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk, http://www.pauken.co.uk