[Gllug] upgrading Potato2.2r3 To Woody

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Jan 31 12:21:25 UTC 2002

The following works for me assuming /etc/apt/source.list is ok.

Type
$dselect

Choose apt and do not edit your source.list file. Read the help screen and
hit the space bar

Type
/

This will put you in search mode then type

ssh "return"

this will search through and locate the first package with ssh in its name.

Typing

\

goes to the next entry. At the software you want installed type

+

Any dependencies will then be brought to your attention. Hitting return here
has always worked for me. Hit return to finish and follow the prompts and it
should install successfully. I am sure people will fill in the bits I have
missed.

The joys of dselect in a few sentences.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk