[Gllug] OT Travel in London

Mark Preston mark at markpreston.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 22:51:34 UTC 2002

Re tube travel:-
[train seats contains inter alia]
">  vomit originating from at least 9 separate people
does this mean they can now "trace for vomit"?
> the remains of 6 mice the remains of 2 large rats
who were happily decomposing and no one noticed the smell
> 1 previously unheard of fungus "

Well if they slap a preservation order on the unheard of fungus the tube will
never get cleaned up. Based on the numbers the fungus is obviously the "head"
of the food chain. All applications from Biology departments for funding
trips to remote areas of the globe should be refused - send them down the
tube for a few weeks instead. Is this fungus edible? With the exception of
the fungus I'm sure if samples were taken from the seats of the average curry
house just after closing time the results would be much the same.

Getting away from this slightly wacky thread for a Linux list does anybody
use Smoothwall and get their emails using Kmail? I've installed Smoothwall on
an old computer and managed to get Mozilla to work (using Edit-->
Preferences-->Advanced-->Proxies - filling in the smoothwall details)on this
newer computer. Via the smoothwall box I can now browse the web through a
firewall (using a 56K modem connection). However I don't how to go about
altering Kmail to enable (if that's the right word!) me to send and receive
emails in a similar way through the firewall. All advice gratefully received.

--
Regards from Mark Preston

www.markpreston.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk