[Gllug] IDE -> SCSI converters

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Thu Jan 10 13:19:59 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jan 10, 2002 at 02:38:45PM -0000, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> > From: Vincent AE Scott [mailto:gllug at codex.net]
> >
> > infact, i seem to recall being told about them by a gllug/lonix
> > individual in a pub once.  Does anyone have a clue what i'm talking
> > about, and could possibly furnish me with a link?
> I am sure that they have been mentioned by someone on the list and where
> meant to be quite good. I thought that it was a riser card that handled the
> conversion and you plugged your IDE devices into this instead of your
> motherboard. Then again I could be talking shi .

i remember talk to someone about a scsi raid device that used ide
drives. =) ie card looks and behaves like a scsi device, the card then
uses two *identical* ide divices to mirror for a single scsi disk device,
it was also aledgely tried to do cdroms as well, but i cant remember
if that worked or not =/

this is not the same thing, as your bus converters, but very useful
all the same, as it had an external scsi connector (honda 50)

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk