[Gllug] ABI kernels

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Jan 16 12:34:34 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 12:05:15PM +0000, Stephen Harker wrote:
> He is having problems compiling a kernel from
> source with the ABI patches because he is ending up with a 2.6 MB
> kernel which LILO won't load.

Sounds like he's compiling a kernel without using modules. Ideally,
only the drivers needed to get the kernel to boot should be compiled
into the kernel, but I tend to include stuff link the NIC driver too,
because it's used all the time.

Cheers,

Simon

--
"I was once walking through the forest alone. A tree fell right in
front of me -- and I didn't hear it." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk