[Gllug] Geforce2

Lee Blackwell lee_blackwell at eur.3com.com
Tue Jan 22 12:16:31 UTC 2002

> Please do not read if you take this stuff tooooooo seriously.
I won't as long as you take the reply in the amusing style it is intended
=8-)

> <severe_rant> Is it just me or is X the biggest pain in the arse of
> all the stuff to get running on a linux box. I have had no end of
> installs that all go great except when it comes to getting the GUI
> running. Is there some voodoo magic that can be applied to get the
> damned thing running or are we doomed to trial and error fault finding
> every time we install. Forgive a lesser mortal for running off at the
> mouth about this but I would have thought that over the last 18 months
> these things would be getting easier. Is this a potato induced rant
> (read into that what you may). I have even tried to get it running on
> a generic card but I end up with a font that would not look out of
> place on a hill in Los Angeles.
It's a pain yes, but gets easier with more experience, and better
releases of X.  I guess when hardware manufacturers start making their
card info more freely available, the driver developers will have more info
to go on, and be able to write pukka code.

As it is, I've got 1600x1200 in glorious technicolour.

> Do not come back and say something about how easy it is to get working
> or the next time I see you I will shove said video cards so far up
> your arse that you will be shittin VHS and talking white noise for
> months. </severe_rant>

You could, of course, always go back to Windoze....

<puckers arse>

Lee

;-)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk