[Gllug] Working with Linux

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Mon Jan 7 16:56:21 UTC 2002

Only Three. In a world with so many languages accents and dialects why are
we only meant to see three as justifiable. Surely in the spirit of free
software and all that it stands for we can modify the source as long as we
make said source freely available. I dread to think that one day we will all
be running around like metal mickey or the darleks (spwelling I now). There
is a wealth of information in a persons dialect and accent. Maybe its a
conspiracy that the privacy paranoid are trying to enforce so that if
everyone sounds the same we will not be able to tell where they come from
etc. In fact why isn't everyone speaking a single language. For all
concerned I do not care what you call it as long as a soundex would return a
reasonable approximation I am sure I will know what you are talking about
especially in context.

I used to call it Lunix
then			Lienix
then			Line-x
now 			Linn-ux

Harry

and on occasion B at stard, Bollocks, Piece of Shit, S at tan and Wanker as I am
sure several of you have.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk