[Gllug] SCSI Cards.

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Wed Jan 9 17:32:55 UTC 2002

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 17:13, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> [...]

Half a page each on IDE, Firewire and HIPPI I'm afraid.

http://www.buildingstorage.com
The book really is about building storage area networks,
and running the storage protocols over:
FibreChannel
Ethernet TCP/IP
Infiniband

I think Firewire is one of these things which COULD take off
in a very big way, if there is sufficient volume of production.
The topic of wiring up clusters using Firewire networking comes
up on the Beowulf and rendering lists I follow.
But being cynical, I think it wont take off as a networking
technology.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk