[Gllug] DivX avi playback

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 23:56:28 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am a numpty. I just thought I'd make that clear in case anyone thought
otherwise and might be surprised by the following question.

After downloading and installing several tars and rpms of various so-called
video players, and having none of them actually work (or even compile) I
wondered if anyone here might know of a smashing video playback thing. Dare I
venture to suggest an xmms equivalent of video? Dare I mention Media Player?
My esteemed brother (Hi) actually got Ogle working fine, and it plays DVDs
fine, but what I'm trying to do is play DivX avi files.

Just a passing whim/idea I had; I thought it might save reinventing
multicellular organisms and waiting around 500 million years for something to
evolve that could finally come up with a wheel, only to find it was squarish
and much more useful as something to hit its opponents with.

luv Jon

--
Jonathan Harker
Web: www.jonathanharker.co.uk