[Gllug] SmoothWall Corporate

Nick Mailer nickm at positive-internet.com
Sun Jan 20 11:57:48 UTC 2002

On Sat, 2002-01-19 at 12:06, Nix wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2002, Nick Mailer said:
> > Yes. Someone should do a code-audit. Eben Moglen (general counsel to the
> > FSF) is itching to prove the GPL in court once and for all..
>
> Really? I've seen no evidence of this at all.

Ah, well. I have:

http://emoglen.law.columbia.edu/publications/lu-13.html

A quote therefrom:

But perhaps we have succeeded too well. If I had used the courts to
enforce the GPL years ago, Microsoft's whispering would now be falling
on deaf ears. Just this month I have been working on a couple of
moderately sticky situations. ``Look,'' I say, ``at how many people all
over the world are pressuring me to enforce the GPL in court, just to
prove I can. I really need to make an example of someone. Would you like
to volunteer?''

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk