[Gllug] Wireless cards -PC world

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Mon Jan 7 13:21:19 UTC 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, mallum wrote:

> on Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:41:31PM +0000, Richard Cohen wrote:
> >
> > And, as I said before, ditto for me, using the driver with the original
> > firmware.
> >
> Hmm, thats wierd. In 'MASTER' mode right ? Im using an ISA adaptor and
> orinoco cards as clients ...

Warning : Device wlan0 has been compiled with a different version
of Wireless Extension than ours (we are using version 10).
Some things may be broken...

wlan0     IEEE 802.11-DS  ESSID:"haifa"
          Mode:Master  Frequency:2.422GHz  Access Point: 00:60:B3:68:AF:DD
          Bit Rate:11Mb/s   Sensitivity=1/3
          RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr=2346 B
          Link Quality:0  Signal level:0  Noise level:0
          Rx invalid nwid:0  invalid crypt:0  invalid misc:334

I think I'm using a PCI adapter - to be honest, I can't remember (and the
machine is at home, while I'm at work), but it shows up in lspci...

Orinoco Gold cards as clients (none in use right now).

>   -- mallum

Cheers
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk