[Gllug] Working with Linux

Zverina, David David.Zverina at uk.wmmercer.com
Mon Jan 7 18:34:02 UTC 2002

> "I've got you down as knowing 'Linux', but what's G N U mean?"
> "I see you have quite extensive EJB experience ...  Do you have any
> commercial Java experience?"

My favourite is have you got any A.S.C 2??

(and yes they were talking about ASCII).

:)

> [1] As an aside, I still haven't found a dictionary that lists the
> pronounciation that Everyone Else seems to use (i.e. kaysh as opposed to
> kash). :)

Havent looked hard enough then ...

>From the Macquarie dictionary
kash for defs 1, 2 and 4, // kaysh for defs 3 and 5
--noun 1. a hiding place, especially one in the ground, for provisions,
treasure, etc. 2. a store of food collected by some animals for the winter.
3. cache memory.
--verb (t) (cached; caching) 4. to put in a cache; conceal; hide. 5.
Computers to put into cache memory: this information is cached to increase
speed. [French: hide]
See for yourself at: http://www.macquariedictionary.com.au/

Cheers,

Dave.

The above information is confidential to the addressee and may be
privileged.  Unauthorised access and use is prohibited. William M. Mercer
Limited is regulated by IMRO and the Personal Investment Authority.
Registered in London No. 984275 Registered Office: Telford House, 14 Tothill
Street, London SW1H 9NB

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk