[Gllug] Fresh recommendations please

gllug at uncertainty.org.uk gllug at uncertainty.org.uk
Sat Jan 19 12:26:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 09:37:04AM +0000, George Saxby wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have been lumbered by the "on high" with hacking a php & mysql program..I have NO experience of either just some with other languages.
>         So what do you recommend as task orientated books rather than the 24hr type guff.

I haven't found a php book hat I like - but the manual is good -
especially the online annotated one.

I found SQL for dummies a very good sql starter book - focuses on ANSI
sql and mysql doesn't really stick to the standars - but personally I
prefer to start off knowing what the standards are (and it gives you a
good idea of what SQL is all about)

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk