[Gllug] System monitoring

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Tue Jan 8 11:21:18 UTC 2002

Does any one know of any apps that allow you to monitor the S.M.A.R.T.
status of your hard drives.
I also want an app that can monitor the other systems info such as CPU fan
speed and CPU/System Temp.  Ideally it would shut the system down if they
go out of a specified range but just monitoring is good enough for now.

Anyone know if the CPU temp alarm thingy in my BIOS send any sort of signal
to the computer or if it just goes beep?  (Sorry I can't rememeber which
BIOS I have but my MOBO is a gigabyte one that takes Athlons).

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk