[Gllug] Greenhouse emissions (was Geforce2)

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 12:44:06 UTC 2002

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> Jackson, Harry(HJackson at colt-telecom.com)@Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 10:49:10AM -0000:
> >
> > Harry
> >
> > Multiple choice
> > The guy in the cell knows where the 10000 bomb is complete with detonator.
> > It goes off in 24 hours. What do you do???
> >
> > A. Have a cup of tea and a chat.
> > B. Tell him you cannot harm him but really want to know where its at.
> > C. You will tell his mother if he won't co-operate.
> > D. Torture him.
> >
> > All of the above will have varying degrees of success but if the lives of
> > two people where in the hands of one I would do whatever was necessary to
> > one to save the two.
>

> Ahh, state sponsored torture, the great ethical debate no politician
> would every give you a straight answer too.

 Politicians and straight answers, Interesting concept...

 Now that is a real tricky
> one, altho the intro needs slightly more embelishing, just to emphasize
> the person knows 100% where the bomb is.  Is it acceptable in a modern
> world to use torture?  we pride ourselves in the west about always soing
> the right thing, about having justice, and a great political system.
> but, at the end of the day, theres enough power hungry thugs to make all
> the tough decisions that mere citizens do not wish to face.

  Tell me that afghans have the industry necessary to build bombs, if you
 think about the countries where wars are going on, they don't build them.

  The yankies have been selling arms to everybody they can and more.
 And then they complain because some of their buyers do return them.

 And the Uk, the russians, spain, ....

 Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk