[Gllug] NetGear fa311 NIC only half duplex

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Jan 31 13:55:17 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 11:59:51AM +0000, John Southern wrote:
> Question asked on the irc channel a few days ago but with no real answer
> -
> How can you tell whether a NIC is running at full or half duplex?

Using mii-diag or (preferred) ethtool. Can't remember the URLs, so
google for them ;)

It's something that I'm interested in, and this information just isn't
perculating into the rest of the community at any great speed.

Cheers,

Simon

--
transvestite, n.:
        Someone who likes to eat, drink, and be Mary.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk