[Gllug] Oftel? (Offffff topic)

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Wed Jan 16 13:47:07 UTC 2002

Gordon Joly(gordon.joly at pobox.com)@Wed, Jan 16, 2002 at 08:50:14AM +0000:
> At 18:08 +0000 2002-01-14, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> >simon(simon at cadre.tv)@Mon, Jan 14, 2002 at 04:58:32PM -0000:
> >>  does btopenworld have a regulator?
> >
> >errr, Oftel?
> >http://www.oftel.gov.uk
>

> Apropos this, I heard (Your and Yours, Radio 4) that Oftel will not
> take any interest in cold calling telephoning selling.
>
> I now this is a hypothetical tangent, but my assertion is that Oftel
> might ignore ADSL as well...

they certainly ignore requests into BT Openworld/internet dialup.
so *of course* they'll be equally good at ignoring ADSL.

they're such a a bunch of spineless workshy individuals.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

  We're not any better; we've got our own set of nonstandardisms.  Just not those ones.  -  tom lane

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk