[Gllug] We can put an end to Word attachments

Simon Wilcox simonw at simonwilcox.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 17:07:48 UTC 2002

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002, Alain Williams wrote:

> When you go for interview *always* have a paper copy of the CV.

Very sound advice !

> Not infrequently agencies 'taylor' a CV to include experience to match the job or
> put some dreadful spin on it.

You could always include a copyright statement on your cv to try and help
prevent this kind of abuse.

Someone else mentioned agencies reformatting CVs. This is something I
really really hate.

As an employer, I'm interested in how a candidate presents their CV. I
won't use an agency that reformats CVs. Presentation skill is actually
something I look for.

As a candidate I want to make sure that the agency doesn't fill my CV with
typo's. This happened once and I withdrew my CV from the agency when I
found out. Sadly this was a few years ago and I forget the name of the
agency.

I have found that sending a PDF file is usually a good way of stopping
them messing about with it but you should send them two, one of which
omits the contact details.

Simon.

--
"I demand to have some booze"