[Gllug] TV-Out under Linux

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Jan 22 12:01:09 UTC 2002

On Tue 22 Jan, tet at accucard.com made the following spurious claims:

> True, but the G450 and G550 are both G400-based (in this case, the
> G400 refers to the chipset, not that card).

Which is what's so annoying about the lack of support.  I'm sure it
would take them barely any time at all!

However there have been several threads in the Matrox forums with
their support people confirming the lack of support :(

> For example, lspci shows my G450 as:
>
> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Matrox Graphics, Inc. MGA G400 AGP (rev 82)

Same here.

I'm going to attempt using the modelines I posted last week for the
secondary connector and you never know, it just might work...  Will
keep you informed.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed
without legislation.

- Milton Friedman

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk