[Gllug] GB English Spell Checker for Pine.

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 21:01:31 UTC 2002

On Wed, 03 Jul 2002, Jonathan Harker said:
> 03/07/2002 3:28:31 pm, Jonathan Harker
> <jon at jonathanharker.co.uk> wrote:
> <a careless jab at people who can't spell>
>
> <fierce back-pedaling>
> Unless of course English is not your main language, in which
> case you're lucky, because you have the only credible excuse
> for poor spelling  :-)
> </fierce back-pedaling>

Or if you have dysgraphia or dyslexia or something like that, then you
have an excuse.

(With a sufficiently brilliant tutor this is still overcomeable, but
that's probably rare. I know I couldn't spell two-letter words correctly
when I was seven... but more recently, I can go whole years without
anything worse than the occasional typo.)

> Sorry folks... bad spelling is one of my buttons ("Press
> here for spluttering apoplexy")

Do you have something again'st apostrophe's, too?

--
`What happened?'
                 `Nick shipped buggy code!'

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk