[Gllug] Argos site

Tom Gilbert tom at linuxbrit.co.uk
Wed Jul 31 12:19:59 UTC 2002

* Rev Simon Rumble (simon at rumble.net) wrote:
> Can people please go to www.argos.co.uk and complain about the lack of
> support for non-IE browsers?  Most annoying!

I'm pretty sure that emails such as "use html properly" and "fix your
site for my browser" won't work - I don't think there's enough
motivation for them. However I'm pretty sure that if they get enough
emails of the following form, it might have more impact:

  Dear Argos,

  I was looking to make an online purchase from you today - something
  from the XYZ range, possibly a XYZ and an XYZ too. Was thinking of
  spending around £XYZ. However your website doesn't support the browser
  I use (name of browser, possibly mention its market share), so I'm
  purchasing it from (insert name of competitor here) instead.

Losing customers and turnover to competitors is their worst fear -
offending HTML purists is not :)p

Tom.
--
   /V\    | Tom Gilbert, London, England | http://linuxbrit.co.uk |