[Gllug] Win SSH Proxy

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Jul 16 13:41:30 UTC 2002

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002 at 02:24:54PM +0100, tet at accucard.com wrote:

> >I could do with a pointer to a simple SSH Proxy for a Winblows machine -
> >it's not mine so can't put a sensible OS on it.
>
> On a related note, anyone know of an ssh client for windows that
> supports X11 forwarding? Putty is great, but if I'm running MI/X,
> for example, I want to be able to ssh into a remote box, and have
> my X clients display to the MI/X server, and putty doesn't let me
> do that :-(

The people that did WeirdX have something that claims to be able to do
that. Don't know how good it is, but it's 100% Java, so you can stick
it on a disk, plonk it into almost any machine and connect without too
much hassle.

Their Jesd is also a bit nice :)

Cheers,

Simon

--
"In my house, on the ceilings I have paintings of the rooms above...so
I never have to go upstairs." --- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk