[Gllug] email client

Martyn Drake martyn at martyn-drake.com
Thu Jul 4 07:54:04 UTC 2002

On Thu, 4 Jul 2002 08:26:52 +0100 Huw Lynes wrote:

> I use kmail. It's nice and strait-forward. Although it does mean that
> you have to install all the kde libs etc. Lots of people seem to like
> sylpheed.

Oh yes, I'd highly recommend Sylpheed! :)  It is extremely capable in
the POP3, IMAP4 and NNTP departments.  There are two versions out there,
one being the main branch  (http://sylpheed.good-day.net) and Sylpheed
Claws (http://sylpheed-claws.sourceforge.net) which offers a few more
features (and improvements) over the main branch.  Both versions are
updated regularly.  There's even a version of Sylpheed for Windows
(abeit still in relatively early development).

http://freshmeat.net/projects/sylpheed/?topic_id=31

I'd recommend the Claws branch over the main as it offers improved
features and is very stable for me, at least.

Regards,

	Martyn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk