[Gllug] Performance Tweaking of SCSI tape drives

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue Jul 23 17:43:11 UTC 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 19:28, Huw Lynes wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm currently playing with a Sony DTF-2 drive. I've got it up and
> running using mt, tar and the standard st driver. At the moment I'm
> getting about 8Mb/s write speed. I know the drive should easily be
> capable of twice that.
Oh stop boasting. Grin.

Hate to say it, but I assume that you are talking about a
PCI based Linux machine?

Maybe the peak performance is only really achieved when you have
a nice big SGI server :-)
Of course THEN you need the fibre channel models. Grin again.

Guess I'd start by looking at your SCSI controller.
Is there anything in the READMEs in
 /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi
about tweaking it?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk