[Gllug] Argos site

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 13:14:06 UTC 2002

On 31 Jul 2002, John Hearns wrote:
> Est-ce que quelqu'un est au courant? Je suis vivement intéressée si
> cette loi existe vraiment. Je pourrais ainsi faire pressions plus
> efficacement pour que les pages web soient accessibles aussi aux
> malvoyants.
> Alors, si jamais quelqu'un a un pointeur officiel...
>
>                                 Anne"
> Quick translation-
> "Is anyone up-to-date with this?
> I am truly interested if this law really exists.
> I can also (can't translate) if the web pages will also be accessible to
> partially sighted people.

"Faire pression" is "to apply pressure", so a loose translation would be
"If so I could lobby more effectively for web pages to be also accessible
to the partially sighted".

> So, if anyone has a pointer to anything official.."

It was my understanding that something of the kind was due to come in
force shortly, but I don't recall exactly where I read it. No, I'm not any
actual use.

jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk