[Gllug] strange SMTP stuff

Mark Lowes hamster at korenwolf.net
Mon Jul 15 10:32:10 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 11:50, Xander D Harkness wrote:
> I am a secondary relay for a company in Belgium.
>
> They have a mail server (That is a bit opptomistic - it is a box which
> occasionally decides it would like to receive mail) on IP address
> 217.136.235.122
>
> Both mail.broadnet.net and mail.mactelecom.com resolve to this address.

weasel [mark]-> nslookup mail.mactelecom.com 80.234.135.42
Name:	mail.mactelecom.com
Address: 217.136.235.122

weasel [mark]-> nslookup mail.mactelecom.com 80.234.135.41
** server can't find mail.mactelecom.com: SERVFAIL

Looks like one of the nameservers is buggered.

--
The Flying Hamster <hamster at korenwolf.net>
http://www.korenwolf.net/