[Gllug] Re: Is Microsoft too dominant?

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Mon Jul 29 08:44:17 UTC 2002

>> Software giant?s big customers are starting to look elsewhere
>
>... but not the Times, obviously. Gotta love that quotedamage.

Indeed. I used to work at News International when they were first setting
up the web site, and I flagged that as a bug at the time. Hell, I even
told them the exact cause of the problem, and how to fix it. Nice to see
that 7 years on, they still haven't been able to sort it out.

But then, it coincided with a switch away from a near perfect typesetting
system to a hugely expensive Windows-based one that couldn't even handle
ligatures (and 7 years later, still can't).

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk