[Gllug] Virtual Domains & Duplicate email accounts

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Mon Jul 29 14:26:23 UTC 2002

On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Formi wrote:

>  Im setting up apache + sendmail + squirrelmail + ssl.
>
>  The setup works, but now I am faced with duplicate accounts,
>  like support at domain1.com and support at domain2.com,
>
>  How can implement this? How do I separate them?

Firstly I'd recommend postfix instead of sendmail however that is your
choice and others will chime in to push exim or qmail or whatever else.

The feature you want is virtual domains. In sendmail you can set up a
virtual user table to map email addresses to real system accounts.

If you want to properly integrate with this your POP3/IMAP service so that
users login with their email address you will need to implement a local
delivery agent that understands virtual users and a POP3/IMAP server that
also does.

Jason Clifford
--
UKPOST.COM	 	           get your @ukpost.com address now...